Information for Consignors
The Clothes Mine is dedicated to carrying a variety of quality items that are in excellent condition from a range of brands and designer labels. Our goal is to get you the best price and move items as fast as possible. TIP: Present your clothes in their best possible condition - it will help us sell them faster and for more $.
The Clothes Mine is located at 4300 Kipling in Wheat Ridge.
When you sign up as a consignor, I will create a computer account for you and add your items. You can request a list of your items to be emailed to you. You can also access your account balance and items sold online. Ask us about both services.
While I welcome your input on pricing, my focus is on selling your items as fast as I can and for the best price I can get. This can vary by year, season, and online versus in-store. I price as competitively as possible for both online shoppers and in-store shoppers (who often compare with online prices).
Please Note: My policy is to donate all non-high-end items at the end of 90 days. I do not return clothing or accessories. I keep high-end items longer than 90 days.
Still Interested in Consigning Today? Read on!
- Women's clothing
- Women's accessories
- Women's shoes
- Women’s lingerie in new with tags condition
- Women’s hosiery in new with tags condition
- Men's clothing
- Men's accessories
- Men's shoes
- Unopened and unused cosmetics
- Purses - Fashion purses must be new or nearly new.
- Purses - Brand name purses must be in good condition with minimal wear and staining. The consignor must guarantee authenticity of all brand name purses. If you’re not sure it’s authentic, please don’t bring it in.
- Jewelry - Quality costume jewelry or sterling silver jewelry
- Home decor items like lamps, side and end tables, chairs, pictures, wall decorations, outside decorations, and framed art
Please use these tips when selecting and preparing your items for consignment:
All items must be classic or current fashion (If you bought it in the last year - it's probably good), or good-quality vintage, CLEAN, free of rips and tears, and in excellent condition. Items can be folded neatly in a box, basket, or shopping bag or on hangers. DO NOT bring your clothes in garbage bags. Plastic bags tend to cause clothes to wrinkle and also - look like garbage.
Remember: The better you make your clothes look, the more we can sell them for, and the more you make.
Season Schedules (Changed Due to COVID):
- March-May: Spring and Summer clothing and home decor
- September - November: Fall and Winter clothing and home decor
- I accept consignments by appointment only due to being a one-woman run store at this time. If you can’t make it during the allotted appointment times, call me and we can find another time.
- Drop Off Appointments - Donate (I will donate anything I can't accept)
- Consultative Appointments - I also offer appointments for reviewing your items while you wait. You can then take back anything I don't accept.
- I price your items approximately 20% to 40% of the retail price depending on condition. Excellent condition and strong seller - that price goes up. Some brands sell for higher values, some sell for lower, depending on demand.
- The consignment period is 90 days. There is one automated markdown at 30 to 45 days, depending on the item, of 20% off. Periodic sales and a 50% markdown happen during the selling timeframe. Seasonal sales happen twice a year. All items, other than high-end items become the property of the store at the end of 90 days and will be donated at the store’s discretion.
- Consignors receive 40% of the final selling price of consigned items that sell for under $40 within the 90-day period. For high-end items that sell for over $40, consignors receive 50% of the final selling price.
- If store credit is used for a purchase within the store, the consignor will receive a 25% bonus on top of their store credit. This means if you have $10 in store credit, it becomes $12.50 spending power in the store!
- Due to the pandemic, I’ve instituted an item fee on all items as of January 1, 2021. This is to help pay down the debt incurred by the stores during the pandemic. This fee is paid when an item is sold.
- Checks can be issued for $25 or more, but it is up to the consignor to request and pick up any funds due. I print checks only on Mondays now, not on demand - so please call the week prior if you wish to pick up a check the following week. If checks are mailed, a $1 fee will be charged prior to printing the check. Please confirm your account mailing address when you request a mailed check.
- Inactive accounts (12 months with no activity - no new items brought in, no in-store purchases, etc.) will automatically be deleted, including all funds.